Detoxify Your Body Naturally – My 9 Favorite Ways
We all want to live a long and happy life, and I’ve found that detoxing helps me to feel much better about myself.
Here are my 10 best ways to Detoxify Your Body Naturally:
- Exercise —For me, exercise is the cure to just about everything!Not only does exercising helps me to feel better, but I know that it boosts circulation, promotes healthy elimination of wastes, and helps me to sweat a lot!If I need to get rid of some toxins, I’ll go for a run or head to my martial arts training session!
- Stock Up on Antioxidants — Antioxidants are excellent at eliminating toxins, and they also help to counteract their effects.My favorite source of antioxidants is strawberries and blueberries, but citrus fruits, carrots, and tomatoes are all good when it comes to antioxidants.
Lifehack: Turmeric is one of the best detoxifiers around, as it improves the health of your liver – the organ responsible for getting rid of toxins.
- Juice it Up –Â Raw veggie and fruit juice may not be my favorite, but they certainly work.All the fiber soaks up the toxins, and the liquid helps to send it out the waste disposal exit easily.
- Use a Loofah — Â I don’t use a loofah as much as I should, but my skin always feels great when I do.Scrubbing your skin helps to stimulate it to eliminate dead skin cells, and scrubbing in an upward motion towards your heart can actually help your lymph system to eliminate wastes. 
- Drink Tea — Milk thistle is a powerful herbal remedy for liver detoxification , and you can have a cup of the tea to flush out your body.Dandelion tea also makes for a great detoxifier, but green tea is my favorite detox tea to drink!
- Eat Fermented Foods — Fermented foods are excellent at detoxing your body. Â They produce healthy bacteria, which keeps your intestines working properly.Eat more yogurt, kimchi, and probiotics, and make sure to drink a bit of wine (my personal favorite).
Did You Know: Ginger is a great herb for detoxing your body. Toxins can stop your body from producing enough digestive enzymes, but ginger will help your digestive system to get back on track
- Eat Green — The more green foods you can add to your diet, the better you’ll feel!Not only do green foods contain lots of fiber to soak up the toxins, but they also contain vitamins and minerals to keep your body working well.
- Get Nutty — Nuts are loaded with fiber and healthy fats, and they’ll help to detox your body effectively.They’re also very filling, making them perfect for a low fat diet.
- Cut Dairy — Lactose intolerance isn’t a problem I have, but I know many people are sensitive to it.I’ve cut full-fat milk and yogurt out of my diet, and I feel great. If you want to give your digestive system a break, try to cut dairy.
 Abenavoli L, Capasso R, Milic N, Capasso F. “Milk thistle in liver diseases: past, present, future.” Phytother Res. 2010 Oct;24(10):1423-32.